Filmheltenes Klub
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.
Seneste emner
» Adventure Sumit
Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! EmptyTors Apr 09, 2015 3:49 pm af Just Indy

» Skurke & Helte-Fest 2014
Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! EmptyTors Jul 31, 2014 3:31 pm af Wolverine

» Er der nogen...?
Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! EmptyTors Maj 22, 2014 9:58 am af Jens_Hoppe

» Skurke & helte-fest 2013
Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! EmptySøn Maj 05, 2013 2:57 pm af Wolverine

» Star Wars Celebration Europe II
Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! EmptyFre Nov 09, 2012 10:08 am af Ace

» SKURKE & HELTE-FEST 2012 - invitation
Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! EmptyTors Sep 20, 2012 10:57 pm af Wolverine

» Velkommen til 501st. legion
Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! EmptyOns Aug 01, 2012 10:21 pm af Bullwhip

» Helte / skurke fest 3!
Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! EmptyTirs Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm af Bullwhip

» Fuglsang søger udklædte til to begivenheder
Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! EmptyTors Jul 26, 2012 6:50 pm af ZallyAward

Frank Marshall: No more Indy !

2 deltagere

Go down

Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! Empty Frank Marshall: No more Indy !

Indlæg  Ace Lør Dec 08, 2007 8:58 pm

'Indiana Jones' Roles For Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone Revealed Exclusively To MTV NewsBlanchett 'makes a great villain. She had a really fun time,' film's producer says.

By Shawn Adler

From the very moment he struck an iconic pose onscreen nearly 30 years ago, Indiana Jones became one of the most beloved movie characters of all time. So when word went around town that Harrison Ford was once again itching to whip it up as the intrepid archaeologist, you would think that the actors fortunate enough to hear from Steven Spielberg or George Lucas would instantly jump at the opportunity to star in the series' fourth installment, "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
"Well, no," "Indy" producer Frank Marshall laughed. "I think it's an opportunity that doesn't come along very often — to do these kinds of big movies — but they talk to Steven and he pitches the role. [Before they commit], they want to know, rightfully, what the part is."
The actors' roles are a secret Marshall is finally ready to share with the world, explaining exclusively to MTV News just who exactly some new castmembers will be playing.
"Well, Cate [Blanchett] is just spectacular, one of the finest actresses working today. She went from '[The Curious Case of] Benjamin Button' to playing the villainess in 'Indiana Jones,' so she's up for anything," Marshall enthused, confirming speculation that the Oscar winner joined the cast as Indy's main adversary. "She makes a great villain. She had a really fun time.
"Ray Winstone, he came from 'Beowulf' to this," Marshall continued, describing Winstone's character, Mac, as a sort of cross between villain Belloq and friend Sallah. "He plays an archaeologist competitor to Indy. Friend and competitor."
And Jim Broadbent? He plays a Yale colleague of Dr. Jones' that "sort of replaces Marcus Brody," Marshall said.
(Tell us what you think of the newly revealed characters on our movies blog.)
All three, along with Shia LaBeouf, Karen Allen, Harrison Ford, Spielberg, Lucas and Marshall himself, face a particularly "huge expectation" with "Indy 4," the producer said — a pressure to succeed that led screenwriter David Koepp to recently tell MTV News that his biggest hope for the film was "just [to not] screw up."
It's a pressure they've faced and successfully surpassed, Marshall insisted.
"I think the best thing I can say about it is it looks like an Indiana Jones movie in all the best ways. It's the look, it's the way that Steven designs all the shots, it's the style, it's the lighting, it's the way Indy is — all of those things. We haven't strayed," he giddily explained. "It sounds trite, but there's no other way to describe it. You go, 'Oh — Indy.' There's sort of a language that Steven developed for this character and for these movies. And you're going to get exactly what you got in the other three movies, which is really kind of thrilling when you see it."
Well, not exactly what you got in the first three movies, Marshall admitted, considering it's now been 19 years since the last Indy adventure, and, while not a doddering old man, star Harrison Ford is 65 years old.
"It's not the years, it's the mileage," Marshall joked, parroting the famous line from "Raiders of the Lost Ark." "What'll be interesting is you're seeing him in a different decade, so there's all kinds of new, interesting things that he has to deal with. Indy seems to be a little smarter [as an older man] — wiser, let's say."
Part of that wisdom is knowing when to let go, Marshall claimed, vehemently denying rumors that "Crystal Skull" would be the start of another series — either with Ford as the main character or with LaBeouf.
"I don't think so. We're all getting too old," Marshall playfully reported. "We have to hand the [adventure] torch to somebody else. I don't know who that's going to be."
Perhaps, given that one of its supposed powers is the ability to see the future, Marshall could borrow Indy's crystal skull to divine the answer.

"Well, I did actually meet one," Marshall said of his onetime audience with the fabled artifact. "I've been in the presence of Max, the one from Texas. I went and visited him. The thing is, when you see it you go, 'How is that possible? Why isn't it just breaking apart?' So that's one of the elements of all the Indiana Jones movies: this kind of supernatural-plus-archaeological element that is present in all of the four movies now."
But, alas, laughed Marshall, if the crystal skull has any power at all, they're saving the big reveal for Indy.
"No," Marshall chuckled. "I don't feel any wiser after being in its presence."
Maybe the world will. We'll get our chance to find out when "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" is released May 22.

Kilde
www.mtv.com
Ace
Ace
Admin

Antal indlæg : 999
Fødselsdag : 27/02/76
Alder : 48
Lokation : Videbæk, Danmark
Tilmeldt d. : 30/09/07

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Frank Marshall: No more Indy ! Empty Sv: Frank Marshall: No more Indy !

Indlæg  Ace Lør Dec 08, 2007 9:02 pm

Jeg er personlig glad for at høre at der ikke bliver en ny serie eller en nye film hvor Labeouf skal overtage hatten og pisken.

4 film er fint for mig.
Ace
Ace
Admin

Antal indlæg : 999
Fødselsdag : 27/02/76
Alder : 48
Lokation : Videbæk, Danmark
Tilmeldt d. : 30/09/07

Indlæg  Bullwhip Søn Dec 09, 2007 10:50 pm

Jeg synes også det er bedst at vi stopper her... Det kan ikke blive bedre end de gamle film... De kan højst ramme plet med den nye (altså lave en god 4. film der matcher de gamle) - og så er det bedst ikke at udfordre skæbnen mere...
Bullwhip
Bullwhip

Antal indlæg : 475
Fødselsdag : 17/06/70
Alder : 53
Lokation : København, Danmark
Tilmeldt d. : 01/10/07

http://www.myspace.com/hjuler

Indlæg  Gæst Man Dec 10, 2007 12:26 pm

Jeg slutter mig til det enige kor med at "enough is enough".

Indy franchaisen på det store hvide lærred tilhører kun Harrison Ford. At begynde med at ekspermentere med sønnike eller andre vil bare falde til gulvet og vil trække film serien ned på et plan det ikke høre hjemme...

Kal-El
Gæst
Gæst

Indlæg  Sponsoreret inhold

Sponsoreret inhold

Tilbage til toppen

- Lignende emner

Forumtilladelser:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum