Filmheltenes Klub
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.
Seneste emner
» Adventure Sumit
Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? EmptyTors Apr 09, 2015 3:49 pm af Just Indy

» Skurke & Helte-Fest 2014
Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? EmptyTors Jul 31, 2014 3:31 pm af Wolverine

» Er der nogen...?
Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? EmptyTors Maj 22, 2014 9:58 am af Jens_Hoppe

» Skurke & helte-fest 2013
Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? EmptySøn Maj 05, 2013 2:57 pm af Wolverine

» Star Wars Celebration Europe II
Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? EmptyFre Nov 09, 2012 10:08 am af Ace

» SKURKE & HELTE-FEST 2012 - invitation
Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? EmptyTors Sep 20, 2012 10:57 pm af Wolverine

» Velkommen til 501st. legion
Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? EmptyOns Aug 01, 2012 10:21 pm af Bullwhip

» Helte / skurke fest 3!
Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? EmptyTirs Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm af Bullwhip

» Fuglsang søger udklædte til to begivenheder
Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? EmptyTors Jul 26, 2012 6:50 pm af ZallyAward

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle???

3 deltagere

Go down

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Empty Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle???

Indlæg  Marc Tirs Okt 16, 2007 9:22 pm

Jeg haaber det er ok med engelsk, for ikke at skulle skrive det hele igen Wink

Well, judge yourself!

I think the Adventurebilt Leather Co. has hit a homerun here. While Kim was working like a horse on the holsters (still is) and continuesly kept improving small details, I was lucky to purchase three mint condition vintage MKVII bags and could hardly wait to put my MBA strap on one of them. But that buckle was just sooo not what I wanted, that I started looking elsewhere. Since there are plenty of offerings to chose from and non of them looked exactly the same, I wanted to know who actually had the best one. So I contacted the Agent5 Consulting Agency and asked if Jason could help me out with some screen graps, because the things that I saw on my screen couldn't be purchased from anyone. Which was quite a surprise to me, considering how much effort had gone into this particular item over the years. Always kind and helpfully as he is, he sent some to me and I was able to examinate them a little closer.

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Buckle11

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Buckle2

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Buckle4

That didn't help. To me the buckle on the screen graps looked like a piece of sheet metal!!!

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Buckle3

So I called up Kim and asked him what HE would see... The theory became stronger and stronger and no matter how hard we looked, we couldn't see the rather thick, rounded and solid buckle that we BOTH had on our bags for the last years.

So, since we couldn't get what we want (and BOY did we want a screen accurate bag strap buckle all of sudden), we thought about having them made ourselves. So we went at it with screen graps, technical drawings and the priceless help from Jason (thanks for the countless hours discussing such a tiny piece of gear Jason). Finally, the drawings looked exactly as what we saw on screen.

So what now? - Should we have it cast? We gave it some thought and stuck with what we feel that the AB name always stood for: real gear for a real world. In this case this could only be solid stainless steal. And it hat to be laser cut!!! Not only for the kick of it, but also to guarantee a zero tolerance to the drawing that took us so long. And a solid stainless steal would guarantee that no matter how many trucks I'd be pulled behind of, no cast brass or rust would ever show up. Working for Europe's leading tool supplier, finding a firm who could laser cut the buckles from solid stainless steal was a kids play. But having 10-50 pieces made, THAT was something that would have cost as much as 10-50 complete bag straps elsewhere. Again Kim and I sat down and discussed. Could it really be that other would be as fanatic as us and like to have one of those? - It WOULD be less expensive (per piece) if we could have 100 or 200 pieces made. So we took the plunge and today they arrived. 200 custom made laser cut solid stainless steal AB bagstrap buckles.

With flash:

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Flash

Without flash:

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Noflash

When I came home, I quickly grapped one out of the box and distressed it with some 60 grit sandpaper for ca. 5 minutes. And there it was. THAT was the buckle I wanted for my MKVII bag.

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Distressed

and the real deal:

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Raiders01

Hope you like them as well (we've got PLENTY of them). Thank you John for hosting!

Regards,

Marc
Marc
Marc

Antal indlæg : 17
Lokation : Reeßum - Tyskland
Tilmeldt d. : 01/10/07

http://www.adventurebiltdeluxe.com

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Empty Sv: Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle???

Indlæg  Ace Tirs Okt 16, 2007 10:12 pm

Hej Marc.
Det ser sørme godt ud. Hvad skal de koste ?
Så mangler jeg bare en screenacurate Bag strap, håber I også klarer den hos AdventureBilt.

Bedste hilsner
Ace alias Jan
Ace
Ace
Admin

Antal indlæg : 999
Fødselsdag : 27/02/76
Alder : 48
Lokation : Videbæk, Danmark
Tilmeldt d. : 30/09/07

Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle??? Empty Sv: Indiana Jones, THE bag strap buckle???

Indlæg  Marc Tirs Okt 16, 2007 10:14 pm

Selvfoelgeligt klarer vi den Wink Prisen skal lige kalkuleres endnu, men jeg kunne ikke vaente med at vise billederne.

Mvh,

Marc
Marc
Marc

Indlæg  K on the Run Ons Okt 17, 2007 12:01 am

Der kommer bestemt en rem til din taske Ace, vi knokler løs. Det er virker lidt som om Marc og jeg er som nitro og glycerin der sker en masse når man blander os Wink
Marc, det er den smukkeste lille stål dims jeg har set, kan ikke vente med at holde den selv. Jeg Glæder mig til at sammenligne den med et print af min arb. tegning.

bounce Kim bounce
K on the Run
K on the Run

Antal indlæg : 96
Fødselsdag : 13/07/64
Alder : 59
Lokation : København

http://www.adventurebilt.com

Indlæg  Marc Ons Okt 17, 2007 12:04 pm

Ok, eftersom Kim og jeg besluttede at sælge de her buckles til vores indkøbspris plus den tyske rip off skat, er vi stolte at kunne tilbyde dem til 3 Euro stykket plus porto. Så det forbliver et non-profit projekt fra fans til fans Very Happy

Vis i kunne gi' os en samle order, så kan jeg sende en håndfuld til Kim og så ville det kun være porto fra Kim til jer Very Happy

Kim, vil du venligst finde ud af hvad det koster at sende et buckle fra København til resten af Danmark? - Så kan jeg ta imod paypal bestillinger inden for kort tid. Jeg skal nok betale hvad det koster at få dem sendt til Kim.

Mvh,

Marc
Marc
Marc

Indlæg  K on the Run Ons Okt 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Det bliver omkring en 5'er pr. kuvert.

Mvh. Kim
K on the Run
K on the Run

Antal indlæg : 96
Fødselsdag : 13/07/64
Alder : 59
Lokation : København

http://www.adventurebilt.com

Indlæg  Marc Ons Okt 17, 2007 3:37 pm

Ok, så plus 5% Paypal gebyr er de 0,70 Euro.

Dvs. vis i gerne vil ha' et af vore smukke buckles, så send venligst 3,70 Euro via Paypal til Marc_Kitter@web.de Det svarer ca. til 27,56 Dkk Very Happy

Mvh,

Marc
Marc
Marc

Indlæg  Sponsoreret inhold

Sponsoreret inhold

Tilbage til toppen

- Lignende emner

Forumtilladelser:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum