Filmheltenes Klub
Vil du reagere på denne meddelelse? Tilmeld dig forummet med et par klik eller log ind for at fortsætte.
Seneste emner
» Adventure Sumit
Adventurebilt Gunholster EmptyTors Apr 09, 2015 3:49 pm af Just Indy

» Skurke & Helte-Fest 2014
Adventurebilt Gunholster EmptyTors Jul 31, 2014 3:31 pm af Wolverine

» Er der nogen...?
Adventurebilt Gunholster EmptyTors Maj 22, 2014 9:58 am af Jens_Hoppe

» Skurke & helte-fest 2013
Adventurebilt Gunholster EmptySøn Maj 05, 2013 2:57 pm af Wolverine

» Star Wars Celebration Europe II
Adventurebilt Gunholster EmptyFre Nov 09, 2012 10:08 am af Ace

» SKURKE & HELTE-FEST 2012 - invitation
Adventurebilt Gunholster EmptyTors Sep 20, 2012 10:57 pm af Wolverine

» Velkommen til 501st. legion
Adventurebilt Gunholster EmptyOns Aug 01, 2012 10:21 pm af Bullwhip

» Helte / skurke fest 3!
Adventurebilt Gunholster EmptyTirs Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm af Bullwhip

» Fuglsang søger udklædte til to begivenheder
Adventurebilt Gunholster EmptyTors Jul 26, 2012 6:50 pm af ZallyAward

Adventurebilt Gunholster

3 deltagere

Go down

Adventurebilt Gunholster Empty Adventurebilt Gunholster

Indlæg  Marc Tors Okt 04, 2007 5:28 pm

Hej alle,

jeg ville lige blære mig med Kims fantastiske holster (eller prototypen):

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just received the very first pictures of the first final AB-Dlx. gunholster. AB-Dlx??? - Have a look at it my friends! If this ain't deluxe, than what is?

Adventurebilt Gunholster IMG_7568

Adventurebilt Gunholster IMG_7567

Adventurebilt Gunholster IMG_7569

Adventurebilt Gunholster IMG_7566

A little background for you: I met our very own "K on the run" at the European summit at Peter's place and though we'd chit chatted via pm and e-mail in the past, meeting someone in person is always a pleasure. Especially in this case! Kim (that's his real name) showed me some of his holsters that he had made and I was DEEEPLY impressed. Granted, a few minor details had to be taken care of yet, but for a first impression this was quite impressive. We talked for some time and I became more and more impressed on his fanatism and how he had thought of things that I had never thought of. We aggreed to stay in touch and I contacted JEEP (who was supposed to be responsible for the AB Leather Co.) who was in the middle of a middle ages re-enactment and didn't really have the time for making holsters right now. I told him, that after talking to Kim, I'd honestly like to hand over the holster production to him for now and JEEP aggreed. So the way was clear and no-one got offended. After countless phonecalls with Kim, exchanging ideas and specs. he eventually came up with a prototype, that was VERY nice. He had chosen a leather from DOZENS of samples, that he sent to me for approvement. I didn't like it to be honest. I was too light in color and to stiff to be screen accurate and I told him so. Kim smiled and told me to give it two thick coats of Pecards, and to put the sample out in the rain for an hour or two. And then to call him back. I did as told (for once) and DANG does the man think like I do or what??? - Gear is not supposed to look dead on from the get go. It has to go through some long, natural distressing and THAT'S when is has to be perfect. And it was!!! - I then started complaining about the lil' brass thingy not being s.a., but Kim had taken care of that in the meanwhile. He also had modified his pattern over and over and when it was finally dead on, he had it laser cut(!!!) from a 1/8" plastic sheet. That way he can use an exacto knife to cut along the edge of the plastic template, ensuring every single holster will be a perfect replica. And HANDCRAFTED in every single step that is! He then sourced a vintage style off white heavy thread and came up with the idea of a small AB logo, to put on the back of each holster. I liked the idea. In fact I liked it so much, that I contacted my sweatband maker to hear if he could make a 20mm logo per Kim's instruction. Put me back with more than 100 Euro, but look at it!!!

Adventurebilt Gunholster IMG_757

So, thanks to Kim's excellent and enthusiastic worked, we can now present to you the AB-holser from Adventurebilt Leather Co. I'll calculate the final price within a few days, and then they're ready to order Very Happy

Regards,

Marc

Vi er begyndt at ta' ordre på dem (99 Euro inkl. forsendelse), idet de sidste modifikation burde være rettet til, inden for kort varsel Very Happy

Mvh,

Marc
Marc
Marc

Antal indlæg : 17
Lokation : Reeßum - Tyskland
Tilmeldt d. : 01/10/07

http://www.adventurebiltdeluxe.com

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Adventurebilt Gunholster Empty Sv: Adventurebilt Gunholster

Indlæg  Ace Tors Okt 04, 2007 5:44 pm

Hej Marc, vi så faktisk et at de nye holsters, som Kim "K on the run" havde med til vores første Danske summit. Bullwhip alias Klaus vandt det fine holster i konkurence om at smide en mønt op i en hat på længst mulig afstand.

Ace

Sidst rettet af Tors Okt 04, 2007 9:46 pm, rettet 1 gang
Ace
Ace
Admin

Antal indlæg : 999
Fødselsdag : 27/02/76
Alder : 48
Lokation : Videbæk, Danmark
Tilmeldt d. : 30/09/07

Indlæg  Bullwhip Tors Okt 04, 2007 9:45 pm

Ace skrev:Bullwhip alias Klaus vandt det fine holster i konkurence om at smide en mønt op i en hat på længst mulig afstand.

...og jeg har stadig et stort smil på over det - and it doesn't stop growing!!! Very Happy Det er et fantastisk lækkert hylster!!
Bullwhip
Bullwhip

Antal indlæg : 475
Fødselsdag : 17/06/70
Alder : 53
Lokation : København, Danmark

http://www.myspace.com/hjuler

Indlæg  Marc Fre Okt 26, 2007 9:04 am

Lige for at blære mig med Kims arbejde igen Very Happy :

Here are some teaser pictures of the very first batch incl. two prototypes that won't be send. The groves on the flaps are still there, but WAY less pronounced. Just as on the original. Bravo Kim bounce

Can't wait to receive them, before I have to let them go again Crying or Very sad :

Adventurebilt Gunholster PICT0072

Adventurebilt Gunholster PICT0074

Adventurebilt Gunholster PICT0075

Hard to believe that they're entirely handcrafted, but that's the challenge: make it look like it's machine stitched, but the owner will know better Wink

Regards,

Marc
Marc
Marc

Antal indlæg : 17
Lokation : Reeßum - Tyskland

http://www.adventurebiltdeluxe.com

Indlæg  Sponsoreret inhold

Sponsoreret inhold